This month has been amazing. I can’t even believe how much fun I’ve had, how many people I’ve seen, and how many experiences I’ve had during one 30-day period!
What I haven’t had this month… is a lot of extra time. I’ve been cutting corners here and there, shopping online, and trying to make the best use of the time that I have.
When it came to putting together a gift for my Grandpa this year, I knew he needed a sweet treat but I knew I didn’t have that much time to get all creative in the kitchen. And then, I found this recipe idea…
Holy deliciousness! This treat is a salty-sweet cousin to puppy chow and whips up in just a few minutes. And, it’s crunchy, delicious and a total crowd pleaser. I made this treat for my grandpa (of course!) and shared the leftovers with co-workers and friends… and, quickly we’re all hooked on this pretzel mix. Let me know what you think!
From Oh Sweet Basil
9 cups pretzels (about 1 bag of the minis)
1 1/2 cups Hershey’s cinnamon chips (click here for a product locator)
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
parchment or wax paper
1. Place the pretzels in a very large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, sugar and cinnamon and stir until even. Set aside.
3. Over medium low heat, melt the butter, and then add the cinnamon chips, stirring constantly to make sure that the melted cinnamon chips don’t burn.
4. Remove from heat and quickly dump over the pretzels. using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Fold the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the pretzels until evenly coated.
5. Quickly add the powdered sugar mixture and fold again.
6. Spread out on parchment or wax paper to cool. Enjoy!