Are you looking for something fun to bring to an upcoming Super Bowl party? I’ve got your recipe right here.
In a sea of queso and buffalo-flavored dishes, yours is going to stand out. It’s fresh, delicious and a total crowd pleaser.
I had a friend over last weekend, and let me just tell you… it vanished FAST! It was delicious as a dip, but I’d also love to try it as a garnish for wraps or even over chicken. I’m DEFINITELY making this one again.
Fresh Cucumber Salsa
Yields 2 1/2 cups salsa
Per 1/4 cup serving (not including chips) = 16 calories
2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
4-1/2 tsp. minced fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
Your choice of chips
1. Prepare the cucumber, tomato, and onion, combining them in a medium bowl.
2. Mince your jalapeno pepper and add it to the bowl, along with the garlic. Note: Please be careful with that pepper! Your hands will pick up oils from it, and if you rub your eyes… you could be in for a rude awakening! (This totally happened to me when I made it! Ouch!)
3. Mince your fresh herbs and add them to the mixture.
4. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt.
5. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat.
6. Move to your favorite bowl, and serve with chips.
I paired this salsa with Eat Your Vegetables chips. If you haven’t tried these chips yet, I really recommend them. They come in delicious flavors like Jalapeno Ranch and Sour Cream and Onion. For this dip, I chose the simple Sea Salt flavor… and they were PERFECT!