Tomatillo-Avocado Dip | No Thanks to Cake
This tangy dip is so great with vegetables, and picks up the pretty green color from the avocado and the tomatillio.
- 3 medium tomatillos (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove clove, crushed
- ¼ cup cilantro, loosely packed
- ½ Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ½ ripe peeled avocado, halved
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
Discard husks and stems from tomatillos; coarsely chop tomatillos. Combine chopped tomatillos, water, jalapeño pepper, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Place tomatillo mixture in a blender; add cilantro and remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Serve warm or chilled.