Copycat Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Spinach Dip | No Thanks to Cake
I found this recipe for a copycat of one of my favorite dips from Trader Joe's. It's fun to make this at home, when I don't have the time to drive all the way to Trader Joe's.
- 2 cups reduced fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 pkg. chopped frozen spinach, defrosted with excess water removed
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, finely minced
- ¼ cup carrot, finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt + more to taste, as needed
- 2 Tbsp. dry chives
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Combine spices, sour cream, mayo, and garlic in a small bowl. Add honey and stir well to combine.
Prepare your veggies. I used my veggie chopper to quickly dice the peppers, and my ninja to finely chop the carrots. Wring out your spinach with a tea towel to remove all the excess water.
Add your veggies to the sour cream mixture, and stir well to combine.
Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Serve with your favorite veggies, and enjoy!