My First Gazpacho | No Thanks to Cake
I cannot believe I was 33 years old before I made my first gazpacho! Salsa's sassy sister, this soup is so flavorful and great for summer when all the farmer's markets have the most beautiful produce. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped and seeded
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 English cucumber (half coarsely chopped and half finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
In a blender, working in batches, puree the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and coarsely chopped cucumber. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil, vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour and up to 1 day.
Top the gazpacho with the parsley and finely chopped cucumber.