Happy St. Paddy’s Day!!!
I’m not huge on celebrating St. Paddy’s Day… I’m more likely to celebrate National Donut Day or Labor Day (by not laboring, of course!) Just the same, I know many of you love to paint the town green, eat the corned beef (which I’ve never eaten btw), and guzzle a green beer. Have fun out there, y’all! I’ll be at home… thinking about these donuts…
Notice they’re on a mint green plate… sort of festive, right?
I made these gluten-free donuts for the first time over the weekend, and I’m obsessed! They’re made with coconut flour, fresh banana, and egg whites. So good, and so like banana bread. I topped them with a PB2 glaze because I feel like donuts need frosting… and it was perfect!
Baked Banana Donuts with PB2 Glaze
Inspired by Foodie Fiasco
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 egg whites
1/4 cup mashed banana, about 1 small
1 packet Truvia
1 Tbsp. PB2 + 1 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
3. Spray your donut pan with cooking spray generously. Using a small spoon, add batter to each donut ring. Note: My batch made 3 donuts.
4. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until done.
5. Mix PB2 and water in a small bowl. Add more or less of each ingredient to get the desired consistency. Use a whisk to combine.
6. Top each donut with the PB2 mixture and enjoy!!
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 150; CARB 23g; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 2g; PROT 12g; FIB 7g; SUG 7g
WW Points+: 4; WW Smart Points: 5