WHAT?? Macaroni and cheese with Laughing Cow?? A few months back I was on a Mac and Cheese hunt, and I can’t believe I didn’t find this recipe then!
original recipe makes enough for 4 servings, but my version is just for one. I also “volumized” my portion by adding some extra fresh broccoli to the mix.
While some consider mac and cheese to be a side dish, this dish has enough volume to be a full meal. Totally up to you, but that’s my recommendation!
Hungry Girl’s Easy Macaroni and Cheese
Inspired by Hungry Girl
2 oz. uncooked high fiber or whole wheat pasta
1/2 to 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
1 container Green Giant Just for One Frozen Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese, Light Swiss flavor
salt and pepper, to taste
1. While the water boils for your pasta, cook your broccoli in the microwave. Note: I cook my broccoli in a simple ziplock bag with a little bit of water, cooking it for about 1-1.5 minutes until done.
2. Cook pasta per the package instructions and drain. Note: I always recommend measuring out your pasta with a food scale. Different shaped and types of pastas weigh in differently. The High Fiber Barilla Mini Rotinis I used only took THREE minutes to cook – - AMAZING!
2. While the pasta is cooking, cook your Broccoli and Cheese in the microwave at the same time.
3. While the pasta and broccoli and cheese are cooking, combine the Laughing Cow Cheese and broccoli in a bowl.
4. Combine the broccoli, cooked pasta, broccoli, and Laughing Cow Cheese in a bowl.
5. Once combined, add salt and pepper to taste. Move to a bowl and enjoy!
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 275; CARB 51g; FAT 4g; PROT 10g; FIB 9g; WW Points Plus: 7