Whenever I’m asked what my favorite type of cuisine is, I usually say Indian. While I don’t eat it all that often, it is my go-to choice for my birthday dinner. That must mean it’s my favorite, right??
The rich flavors of curry, turmeric, cumin, and cardamom… I always find that indian food has great depth and the spicy kick is what keeps me coming back for more.
Indian-Spiced Chicken Fettuccine
2 cups spinach
2 Tbsp. red onion, finely diced
1 tsp. ginger, grated
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. ground coriander
2 pinches turmeric
1 pinch ground cardamom
5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Optional: Cayenne powder, hot curry powder
1. Cook your Jenny cuisine in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes. Note: This is less than the package’s cooking time, but you will “finish” cooking the dish in a sauté pan. So, a minute or so less is perfect microwave time!
2. Meanwhile, start to cook your aromatics in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add your spices: turmeric, cardamom, coriander, and cumin. Stir to combine.
4. Slice tomatoes and add them to the mixture. Note: Use whatever tomatoes you have on hand. I just happened to have cherry tomatoes that I needed to use up. Other varieties would work well too!
5. Add your spinach to the mixture. Stir frequently as the spinach cooks, and wait for the greens to wilt down.
6. Optional: Add a few shakes of cayenne and 1/8 tsp. hot curry powder. Note: For some reason, I wanted a little extra spice so I threw it in!
7. Add the Jenny meal to the pan and stir to combine the flavors.
8. Move to a pretty pretty plate and enjoy!
If you love Indian flavors, here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!