I love adding new pieces to my kitchen. Whether it’s a new tool or a new set of Fiesta or a new appliance… I love it!
I actually find myself having to tiptoe through Target… not looking at anything that is not specifically on my list, or else I end up with new things at home that were not planned for. Exhibit A: These cute, cute serving bowls shaped like veggies from Threshold I spotted at Target. So stinkin’ cute!
Can you even imagine how adorable that purple onion would be with dip in it on a buffet table? Well… I soon may find out since it crept home with me. :)
I also have dear, dear friends who spoil me with kitchen items, including this beautiful baking dish from Anthropologie. Isn’t it gorgeous? My friend Steffanie sent it to me for Christmas… and while it screams brownies, I’ve been using it to bake yummy casseroles.
Ever since I made the Easy Bubble-Up Enchilada Casserole, I wanted to try an Italian version. And, because this recipe is so simple, I had everything I needed in the fridge. Look how delicious it baked up!
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 cups fresh spinach
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 (14-oz) can italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
5 reduced fat Pilsbury Reduced Fat Grands, uncooked and quartered
1/2 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown turkey in a large skillet and drain if needed. Grind up meat in a food processor until finely ground.
3. Add onions and garlic to the pan and sauté 1-2 minutes. Add spinach to the pan, and cook for 60 seconds until wilted.
4. Return the meat to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
6. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into sixths and stir them in the meat mixture. Note: This is the part in the recipe where I started to question what the heck I was making. Don’t question it… keep going!
7. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and add the mixture evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
10. Serve and enjoy!!
Per 1/8 recipe serving:
CAL 206; CARB 19g; FAT 8g; PROT 14g; FIB 1g; WW Points Plus: 5