Oh, friends… this dish tingled my tastebuds.making the decision to grill avocados a few months back, I’ve become a little more curious about grilling the unexpected.
This dish blew me away… Who knew that so much flavor could develop in just 8 minutes on the grill?? It also gave me an opportunity to use my fresh basil that I’ve been growing and to use fresh mint for the first time. The end product is one that I will definitely be making again before the season ends…
Grilled Watermelon with Fresh Herbs and Parmesan
1/2 thick slice of watermelon, quartered
3/4 Tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade-style
3/4 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
1/2 – 1 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
about 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat your grill to medium heat.
2. Brush your watermelon on both sides with your favorite olive oil. Note: I used Kristos.
3. Place watermelon on the grill and turn after 3-4 minutes, or once grill marks have been created.
4. Remove from the grill to a cool plate. Slice your herbs into ribbons.
5. Sprinkle herbs onto the watermelon, and using a microplane grater, grate the parmesan lightly onto the fruit.
6. Sprinkle lightly with salt, optional. And, get ready to be wow’ed….
Per 2 triangles of watermelon serving:
CAL 113; CARB 12g; FAT 7g; PROT 1g; FIB 1g; WW Points Plus: 3