One of my favorite salads I had at Montelucia this time around was their Centro Chicken Cobb.
I think I ordered it three times during this trip. The beautiful combination of chicken, tomatoes, bacon, and avocados, I couldn’t get enough of it! I think the best surprise was the honey mustard dressing they tossed the salad in. Usually, when I’ve had cobbs, they’re coated in creamy dressing, so this was a nice surprise!
As soon as I got home, I totally wanted to try to recreate it. I came pretty darn close with the “recipe” I’m about to share with you. I call it a “recipe” because it’s more a preparation than anything…
Chicken Cobb Salad
grilled or roasted chicken (from the deli section)
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 English cucumber
red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 avocado, cubed
2 slices bacon
2 Tbsp. light honey mustard dressing (I used Ken’s)
sea salt grinder
1. Find a big bowl for this salad. You’re going to want to load it up with veggies
2. Add your butter lettuce to a separate large bowl. Add enough to create a nice bed for your toppings.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. of your light honey mustard dressing and a few twists of the fresh salt and pepper. Mix until all the greens are coated, and move to the serving bowl. Note: This is an important step. Tossing your greens in dressing makes sure every bite has a little zing of honey mustard.
4. Begin to add your toppings, adding each in rows. Slice your tomatoes in half and quarter your cucumbers. Slice your red onion super thin, and cube your avocado.
5. Cut the pre-prepared (or freshly grilled) chicken into small bite-sized pieces. Cook your bacon and cut it into small pieces. Add these protein toppings to the bowl. Note: I used Tyson chicken and Hormel pre-cooked bacon. Seriously…
6. Stir up your salad and enjoy!
No, it’s not the most creative recipe I’ve ever made, but I’ve eaten it several times since I’ve been home. Super tasty, and definitely worth a try!