Have you guys heard that there is a new Laughing Cow Cheese on the block??
Your favorite wedged cheese now comes in SPICY PEPPER JACK!!! OMG…
My friends over at Laughing Cow were sweet enough to send me a few wheels of cheesy goodness to try out and to share the spicy, cheesy news with all of you!
I continue to use Laughing Cow as my go-to snacking cheese. Whether I’m pairing it with veggies (cucumbers, carrots, and peppers are my faves) or a light cracker, I’ve established a deep-rooted love for these little triangles!
As part of their Pepper Jack campaign, Laughing Cow challenged me to come up with a fantastic new way to snack on their creamy wedges… and I’ve come up with a REALLY tasty recipe for all y’all!
Lightened Up Jalapeño Poppers featuring Laughing Cow Cheese
5 jalapeño peppers, halved horizontally with seeds removed
2 wedges Laughing Cow Spicy Pepper Jack flavor
1 1/2 Tbsp. white onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup baby spinach, chiffonade
2 Tbsp. cooked white meat chicken, chopped finely
1 Tbsp. reduced fat Mexican cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice and remove the seeds of your peppers. You should have 10 halves to work with.
3. Take one of your pepper halves, and dice it finely.
4. Add your onion, garlic, and diced jalapeño to a skillet and sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook entire mixture until spinach has wilted, about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add your chicken, and cook another minutes. Note: I prepared my chicken in a crockpot the day before, and then simply chopped it finely and added to the pan. You could also very easily use rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken breast.
6. Remove mixture from the heat to a small bowl. Add your Laughing Cow wedges, and mash with a fork to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Using a spoon, scoop the mixture into the peppers. Place the stuffed peppers on a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Carefully top the peppers with 1 Tbsp. of cheese. Just a few shreds per pepper will add a touch of added cheese goodness.
9. Bake these bad boys in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until peppers soften and cheese melts. Garnish with sliced grape tomatoes and finely chopped cilantro, if desired.
10. Serve hot, and enjoy!!!
Per about 5 stuffed pepper halves:
CAL 103; CARB 4g; FAT 5g; PROT 9g; FIB 1g; WW Points Plus: 2
For more tasty Laughing Cow Cheese recipes, check out my recent Recipe Roundup…
Note: The Laughing Cow provided me with product and a gift card for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.