While on most days, I am FAR from paleo… I couldn’t resist making this paleo recipe from PaleOMG when I spotted it on Pinterest. She totally had me at bacon…
Smoky Bacon Chili
Adapted from PaleOMG
6 slices center-cut bacon, cubed
1 garlic clove, minced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 (14-oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
1 (8-oz) can of tomato sauce + 1 1/2 can water
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1. In a large pot, add the cubed bacon and let cook.
2. While the bacon is cooking, chop all the veggies. Note: My knife skills are not this good. I used this veggie chopper, which you should seriously add to your Christmas list.
3. In a separate pan, brown your ground beef. If desired, grind your meat in a food processor – – I always do this.
4. When the bacon has browned and is a bit crisp, add garlic clove and veggies.
5. Let cook for about 6 or so minutes, then add your ground beef and all the spices.
6. Add your tomato sauce, water, sweet potatoes, and fire roasted tomatoes.
7. Mix well and let all the flavors meld together, cooking on low for the next 30-40 minutes or so, stirring occasionally until the sweet potatoes are tender.
8. Serve and enjoy!
CAL 225; CARB 19g; FAT 9g; PROT 19g; FIB 5g; WW Points Plus: 6
- See more at: http://www.nothankstocake.com/2014/11/18/gingerbread-overnight-oats/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NoThanksToCake+%28No+Thanks+to+Cake%29#sthash.4NF7vITF.dpuf