Merry Christmas Eve!!!
Are you still trying to come up with something to take to your holiday gathering? I think I just might have one for you.
A few weeks back, my friends at The Laughing Cow sent me several wheels of cheese along with the challenge to come up with a tasty snack for my readers. Challenge accepted!!!
And… if holiday foods are starting to make you feel sluggish, this 51-calorie snack is PERFECT for helping you to get back on track fueling yourself with deliciously healthy foods!
BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Laughing Cow Cheese
12 cherry tomatoes
2 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
lettuce, cut in chiffonade
1. Slice the stem area off your cherry tomato, just a thin slice to remove the top. Use a tomato huller or small spoon to remove the seeds from the tomatoes. Place tomatoes open side down to drain while you prepare the stuffing. Note: I learned about tomato hullers in a cooking class I took. Love this little gadget. Click here for more information.
2. In a small bowl, combine the Laughing Cow Cheese and the crumbled bacon. Note: I use the pre-cooked bacon. It’s incredibly easy to heat up in the microwave and only 90 calories per 3 slices. Turkey bacon or center-cut bacon are great substitutes as well.
3. Prepare your lettuce. Roll several leaves of lettuce and slice it as shown. This creates little ribbons of lettuce that mix in well. Note: I used mixed greens, because it’s what I had on hand. Choose your favorite!
4. Add the lettuce to the mixture and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to the mix as well!
5. Move cheese mixture to a small plastic snack bag. This will make it easy to pipe the ingredients into your tomatoes.
6. Cut the end of the bag and fill the tomatoes. Note: You will need to cut the hole large enough to squeeze the bacon through the opening. Cut accordingly.
7. Plate your creations and get ready to enjoy!!!
Per serving (4 tomatoes):
CAL 51; CARB 1g; FAT 3g; PROT 2g; FIB 0g; WW Points Plus: 1
Note: The Laughing Cow provided me with product and a $10 gift card for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.