Having bacon in the house from making the Smoky Bacon Chili this week, I needed something to make with that leftover bacon… you just can’t let that stuff go to waste.
When it comes to breakfast, there are only a few things that I eat on the regular. When I started to make my Lightened Up Biscuits and Gravy a few days ago, an idea popped in my head about how my friend Jen used to love a good bacon biscuit. I was sure I could replicate this biscuit for breakfast… and lighten it up a little. Here’s what I came up with…
Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Biscuits
1/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix, plus more to knead with
2 Tbsp. skim milk
2 slices center-cut bacon
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb flavor
3. Remove to paper towels and pat to remove excess grease.
4. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine your Bisquick and milk with a fork. The texture will be slightly crumbly and doughlike.
5. Knead the mixture 8-10 times just inside the bowl. Adding more Bisquick atop the bowl to make it less sticky to the touch. To knead, if you have never done it before, simple using a folding technique where you are folding the dough in half and pressing down against the bowl firmly and repeatedly until you’ve folded it over 10 times.
6. Form your dough ball into a flat circular shape and place it on an unprepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked.
8. Split the biscuit with a knife, and top with Laughing Cow cheese.
9. Add one slice of bacon per side, and breakfast is served!
CAL 249; CARB 30g; FAT 9g; PROT 9g; FIB 1g; WW Points Plus: 6