When I first started the Jenny Craig program almost four years ago now, I utilized a lot of the tools on their website to help me adapt to the program. Not only were they pages of information about the program, success stories to inspire me, but there were also community forums to leverage.
The community forums were actually one of the first places I ever talked about my blog. My “online journal” I’d started wasn’t anything that I really intended on sharing… but this community seemed a great place to share my story, and everyone was so supportive!
I still stop into the forums from time to time now… to read about how my online friends are proceeding on their Jenny journey, to share NTTC stories, and to pick up new ideas and inspiration. I sure lucked out when I ran into this inspiration.
The Jenny Craig Cinnamon Roll has been my favorite on-plan breakfast for a LONG time now. And, I’m loving the ability to mix things up a little bit with this breakfast. Cooking them in a griddle makes them have amazingly caramelized edges, while retaining their chewy goodness…. Best. Jenny. Breakfast. EVER.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast
1 package of Jenny Craig Cinnamon Rolls
1 egg white, separated
2 Tbsp. skim milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. sugar-free syrup
1. Cook your frozen cinnamon rolls for 10 seconds in the microwave. Remove packaging. Note: Resist temptation to eat the cinnamon rolls immediately…
2. Slice in half horizontally.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg white and vanilla.
4. Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium heat, prepared with cooking spray.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the cinnamon rolls. Coat each piece of the cinnamon rolls with the milk mixture.
6. Place the rolls on the skillet, cut side down.
7. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, until egg mixture is cooked and taking care not to burn the cinnamon.
8. Remove rolls to a plate and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, if desired.
9. Add 1 Tbsp. sugar-free syrup if desired. Dig in, and enjoy!!
If you love this recipe for volumizing with Jenny Craig cuisine, click here to see my full list of volumizing recipes!