Happy Monday, Y’all! Hope you’re having a good start to your day and to this beautiful week!
On my end, I’m counting down the days to a vacation, which I’ll tell you more about later in the week. A vacation celebrating my fabulous (and favorite) sister-in-law Beth. Click here to read about all of her awesomeness btw…
Do you guys remember completing a
NTTC Blogtastic Survey a few weeks back??
Well, the results are in! First and foremost, thank you to each of you for taking the time to complete the survey. It was about 10 questions long… and I’m a little dumbfounded that 130 of you folks took the time to complete it! Amazing, and THANK YOU!!!
This survey’s timing aligns with a blog redesign that I’m working on right now, and I couldn’t be happier with the results… and the feedback you guys gave me along the way. Ok, without further ado, let’s go through the results!
So many of you out there have been reading for a while, and I just love that! I feel like the true weight loss action was happening way back in the beginning and in that first year, and I love that so many of you have stuck around through the transition into maintenance. And, in reality, the transition of NTTC to more of a healthy eating blog than a weight loss blog.
The verdict: An overwhelming number of you guys read NTTC simply by typing in the URL, or clicking on your favorite link. I spend quite a bit of time on social media, so I just assumed that social media was bringing you guys here… boy, was I wrong!
I will mention that following NTTC on Social Media is a great way to stay in touch. Even during the weeks where work (and preferably fabulous vacations) has me too busy to blog, you can always stay close to the happenings by checking social media.
The Verdict: A whopping 84% of you guys who enjoy reading NTTC are reading it because you are actively working to lose weight/get healthier. WOW! That’s a big number… but then again, I talk to so many of you guys that are really looking to fuel better with healthier, more nutritious food, at every meal. Knowing that the goal of so many of you is to get/stay healthy! This is something that will inspire me in upcoming months to write content that will help you get there/stay there!
The Verdict: Um, can you see me smiling all the way from Colorado?? If you can’t, you should. I love the fact that you’re choosing healthy recipes and healthy eating as your main reason for clicking on NTTC. Cooking is a passion of mine, and it’s such a compliment to hear that you’re drooling over my creations. Most nights, I am too…
The Verdict: Not surprisingly based upon other responses, you guys want to hear more about healthy eating, exercise, and my crazy life… and the giveaways, crafts, product reviews, and shopping are on the other end of the spectrum. You’re not telling me to STOP talking about the latter… but you’ve definitely indicated what’s your favorite.
So… I’ll call these my “curiosity questions”… I’m asking first, if you’ve ever made a NTTC recipe, and secondly, if you ever purchased something because I talked about it here on my blog.
Let’s start with the recipes: I’m mostly just curious here. I put a lot of time into building beautiful recipes posts.. and I love that 70% of you guys have tried something! (Hint, hint: Stop back after you make something and tell me what you think! I’m always curious, after all… and only post the things I love!)
The product question was more of a toss-up. There are brands that I work with from time to time, and if I try their product and I sincerely like it, I’ll share it with you guys… but I was wondering about how effective I am at promoting things. 53% is not so bad!
Reality Check: I absolutely promise not to promote things just to promote things. Only things I like, would buy anyway, and use regularly are featured on NTTC.
Ok… now for the super fun questions. The ones that were more free-form, just asking you to leave your comments. While I can’t post them all… I’ll give you a taste of what I got.
Q7. I’d love to read about this specific topic:
- how to keep motivated when all around are munching crisps and biscuits – it is so hard!
- Healthy restaurants around town. Book recommendations.
- healthy baking recipes! and burger recipes! I also like hearing about your ups and downs with the weight loss journey.
- Because I’m new to Jenny Craig I would love more volumizing recipes.
- Would love to see more truth, honesty, vulnerability! Your life can’t be all rainbows and unicorns–let us see the darker side!
- Month in review! Always like to see this when it come around!
- Struggles with body image (I personally struggle with this).
- I love the inspirational stuff! No, actually, I NEED the inspirational stuff! I still tear up over your letter to your former self. I have shared this blog the most & still do.
- Loving yourself as you’re losing weight even if you’re not comfortable in your body.
- Products found at trader joes, new kitchen gadgets, new nail polish colors
- more fitness updates.
- up’s and down’s of weight loss; struggles, motivation, etc
- Everything!!! Recipes are my favorite
This is just a snippet of what came back… Lots of variety. Lots of asks for new topics to be covered. I’ll do my best to work them all in… and I really try to live in a bright shiny place, so struggles yes… dark side, probably not.
Q8: I’m about to renovate my little space on the internet giving it an entirely new look and feel. Do you have any suggestions to change the site, its look and feel, or how easy it is to find what you’re looking for?
- Looks great! I’ve made many of your recipes maybe a section for pictures of our creations from you. Also I love seeing before and after pictures of success stories.
- I know you had done a survey on a new tag line but I’ve never seen it implemented. I think you had a draw for the winner and announced someone too.
- Past posts give me such a variety of posts. Sometimes I have trouble finding one I’d like to read again. I haven’t found a way to bookmark a specific post, it just takes me back to the most current one.
- I think it’s pretty easy to navigate as is. I like that you advertise, but you don’t have those annoying pop up advertisements or the embedded advertisements.
- More videos.
- The pictures with the recipes are great to follow but I like to print out recipes for my hands-on recipe book. It would be helpful to be able to print the ingredients and how to without pics to keep on one page…. maybe?
- Having two sidebars (left and right) full of a combination of ads / badges / etc is a little overwhelming.
- As long as it’s user friendly and attractive I’m in!
- Keep it fun!!
- I think it is great the way it is. Excited to see it get better!
Again, this is just a small number of the many responses… and I’m GETTING SO EXCITED about the re-design! Your comments are pretty consistent… and let me know that Cassie and I are completely on track with the redesign that we’re working on! Think simple, yet pretty. Well accessorized, yet modern. Easy to navigate, yet fun. That’s what we’re shooting for. You’ll have to let me know if we hit the mark! The new site should launch by end of year!
About videos… This is something I struggle with, but I keep hearing more and more that content should be consumable via video… and that readers crave video. Trying to get myself used to the idea, but you probably know I’ve only posted one vlog (ever)… I’ll keep flexing that muscle and find the right spot for me. One day, you’ll see videos…
Q8: Please use this space to share any other feedback you might have, including general feedback and topic-related suggestions.
- Love the pictures. That’s half the fun reading.
- Love your site- I could not have lost 40 lbs without you and Gina from Skinnytaste! You were my inspiration when I wanted to give up and for that I am forever grateful.
- Love this site and your commitment to yourself and your readers! Thank you!
- I really love hearing your stories, sharing your struggles, and being real with your audience. I have been reading after I saw mention on another blog that I would frequent- it is part of my morning ritual to check in with the blog. Keep up the great work.
- Just started JC and I go through the archives to read about your experiences! IT would be helpful if you occasionally put more links in your posts to past blog posts (Even from 2010-11) for newbies on JC! Love the blog!
- Keep it coming – you have a very positive outlook, it’s very inspirational!
- I REALLY like the energy of your blog. You’re upbeat without being annoying, real without being whiny and you’re smart. Don’t lose that!
- As someone who doesn’t do Jennie Craig, I tend to skip any post regarding it and any recipes you make with that food because it doesn’t pertain to me at all! But, I love to read about your life and other recipes you create. Thanks for your blog!
- Like the fashion shows, so fun to hear about someone else’s crazy life, it’s like a mini vacation from your own!
- You remind me so much of my friend Autumn, and I love reading your blog because it makes me feel like I’m hanging with her!
- Love the pictures of the Denver area and the places you visit – makes the blog feel really intimate and fun! Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us!
- Your recipes are amazing. I’m not much of a cook, your presentation is easier than following a you tube video. You totally rock in that area!!!
And this is the question that really warmed my heart. It’s weird, I write 3-4 posts a week, but there are weeks where I truly wonder if anyone is out there reading, if I should keep writing about this little journey I’m on or if it’s time to hang up my keyboard. Well, you guys blew me away with the responses to this question. I was simply expecting a little “I don’t like the font at the top of the page.” type of stuff and was instead greeted with virtual hugs from near and far.
Thank you for continuing to visit my little space on the internet. You continue to amaze me by your kindness, your friendship, and your ability to lift up a virtual stranger when she needs a helping hand!
It’s hard to believe that I’m about to head into my FIFTH YEAR of blogging at the beginning of November. I can’t wait to see where we go next… xoxo