I have a new obsession: Putting salad on my pizza. I know, I know… you’ve seen it before, but have you added it to your Jenny Craig pizza??
What I love is that it is a great way to add texture (and veggies) and an awesome way to bulk up your pizza. I also feel like it looks a little more like a restaurant pizza. And, considering we first taste with our eyes, it’s a fun way to add another pretty embellishment to make sure your dish is extra satisfying…
Ok, so what did I make? Feast your eyes on this pizza… can you believe it started it’s day as a Chicken Wrap with BBQ Sauce?
Eating pizza while on the Jenny Craig program always makes me happy. It makes me feel like I’m not sacrificing ANYTHING when I’m on track. This pizza is the most filling of all those I’ve made so far. Confession: I’ve had it three times this week. That good.
1 package Jenny Craig Chicken Wrap with BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced or spiralized
1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced or spiralized
3-4 grape tomatoes, sliced
4-5 slices raw jalapeno
1 Tbsp. taco sauce
1 Tbsp. pico de gallo
2/3 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 Tbsp. light ranch or cilantro-avocado yogurt dressing
chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare your skillet with cooking spray. Saute the onion and bell pepper at medium heat until slightly charred, about 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
3. Cook your BBQ chicken wrap in the microwave for 90 seconds. I love cooking mine standing up in a coffee mug and wrapped in a paper towel. This helps the make sure that the chicken mixture doesn’t spill out!
4. Once done, unfold the wrap immediately on a baking sheet prepared with cooking spray. Top with taco sauce and spread it out evenly over the wrap, spreading out the chicken mixture at the same time.
5. Top pizza with onion/pepper mixture. Add tomatoes and jalapeños as well.
6. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes, until pizza gets crispy and browned around the edges. Remove to a cutting board to slice. I like to cut mine into three rectangles, and then cut each rectangle diagonally… which creates SIX slices of pizza.
7. In a small bowl, combine lettuce and salad dressing (optional). Spread that on top of your pizza. Garnish with pico de gallo and cilantro, if desired.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.