Ever since Hailey and I tried the Waffle Up! banana nutella waffle at a Denver farmers’ market, I’ve been dreaming about it. Now, a girl who’s committed to eating healthy can’t just eat brioche buttered waffles every day… so, you know I’ve worked on coming up with a lightened up version.
Banana Chocolate PB2 Waffles
1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. Healthy Heart Bisquick baking mix
1/3 cup water
1/2 banana, thinly sliced
4 Tbsp. Chocolate PB2 + 2 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat your waffle iron, and prepare with cooking spray.
2. Whisk your bisquick and water in a small bowl.
3. Use a bowl scraper to place all of the batter in the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown and done.
4. Whip up your PB2, by combining powdered peanut butter and water using a fork or small whisk. Note: You’ll want it to be more on the creamy side, rather than the pasty side so it will coat your waffle well. Add more water, as needed to achieve the consistency you are seeking.
5. Coat your waffle with all that chocolate-y goodness.
6. Slice your banana into thin pieces.
7. Top your waffle with banana and enjoy!
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 335; CARB 63g; FAT 6g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 12g; FIB 2g; SUG 12g
WW Points+: 9; WW Smart Points: 10