When I made that beautiful marinara sauce a few weeks back, I kept a bit in the refrigerator to eat throughout the week… and it was about the same time that the Blogtastic Survey was going on, and one of y’all mentioned you liked my burger recipes. With that little bit of synchronicity… the Pizza Burger was born.
Oh, delicious beautiful burgers… how I’ve missed you. This one is CRAZY easy to make, and really it’s the sauce that makes this burger. Here’s how I made it…
Mozzarella-Stuffed Pizza Burger
4 oz. extra lean ground beef or turkey
1 Tbsp. diced onion, heaping
1/4 tsp. Williams-Sonoma Pizza Seasoning
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
salt and pepper
1/4 cup Super Simple Marinara Sauce or your favorite sauce
1. In a small bowl, add your ground meat and onions.
2. Add your seasonings and mix well.
3. Take half of the meat mixture and form a patty. Add the mozzarella wheel on top.
4. Top the mozzarella with the remainder of the meat mixture, sealing the edges. Place the burger on a plate, and season on both sides with salt and pepper, optional.
5. Heat a grill pan, skillet, grill, or George Foreman, spraying the pans with cooking oil before adding the meat to the grill. Cook burger for several minutes on each side until done.
6. Remove to a plate, and top with warm marinara sauce.
7. Serve with your favorite side dish (I chose Garlicky Spinach with Laughing Cow Cheese). PS… Check out that gooey cheese below.