I’ve fallen in love with a new kitchen utensil. I recognize I’m a little late to the game… but completely enamored with this spiralizer.
While I don’t enjoy zucchini or any of the super-trendy zoodle dishes that are out there, I still have found plenty of dishes to enjoy with this fun tool.
I’ve spiralized beets, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and mostly cucumbers. I’ve made sweet potato fries, roasted beets, and this delicious Asian cucumber salad…
There is something AWESOME about cucumbers… especially when they are in the form of noodles. You can enjoy them as you would pasta… but with none of the guilt! I definitely see more (and more!) cucumber salads like this in my future and here on NTTC. Enjoy the first!
Spiralized Asian Cucumber Salad
Adapted from Gourmande in the Kitchen
2 small scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp. olive oil
3/4 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
a dash of crushed red pepper flakes
a pinch of sea salt
1 cucumber, spiralized
1 cup steamed broccoli
sesame seeds, as garnish (optional)
1. In a small bowl whisk together the scallions, ginger, garlic, toasted sesame oil , olive oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes.
2. Taste and add a pinch of salt if needed.
3. Steam broccoli in the microwave, and rinse with cold water to cool.
4. Toss the cucumber noodles with the ginger scallion sauce, and toss gently again to combine.
5. Add steamed broccoli. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Per 1/2 recipe serving:
CAL 68; CARB 10g; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 3g; FIB 2g; SUG 4g
WW Points Plus: 2; WW Smart Points: 2