One of the great things about having a weight loss blog is that I get to hear from a lot of you! Whether you are just getting started, on the Jenny Craig program, or just stopping by to say hello, your messages are ALWAYS appreciated! Thank you so much for reading and for saying hello!
Every once in a while, I get a message from one of my Jenny friends with a new volumizing idea… and that’s exactly where the inspiration for today’s recipe came from! Check out Lexie’s email below…
I share her email, as it’s just another example of how inspiration goes BOTH WAYS! Receiving a note like this is INCREDIBLY inspiring to me, and reminds me that this is not just my journey… we’re in this together!
So, thank you, Lexie, for saying hello, keeping this girl motivated, and giving me an amazing lunch to eat on Sunday, while staying fiercely on plan. Check it out below…
[pinterest]I made a few variations to Lexie’s original recipe, but a few things remain the same: you’ve got the spicy goodness of buffalo sauce, a little light ranch to cool it down, and a MUCH more filling version of the Jenny Craig Grilled Chicken Sandwich to enjoy!
Try my version or Lexie’s… either way, y’all are in for a treat!
Chopped Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
1 package Jenny Craig Grilled Chicken Sandwich entree
1/4 cup shredded lettuce (I used butter lettuce)
2 tsp. light ranch
1 Tbsp. buffalo sauce (I used Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic flavor)
2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Prepare the chicken per the package instructions in the microwave. Defrost the bun for 20 seconds, between a layer of paper towels.
2. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and finely dice.
3. Place in a small bowl and toss with buffalo sauce.
4. In another small bowl, combine the lettuce and ranch. Add freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
5. Toast your bun on low in a toaster.
6. Slice your tomatoes, and place them on your freshly toasted bun. Top with salt and pepper, if desired.
7. Carefully add your chicken with a spoon. Note: This will make a voluminous sandwich, so stack carefully!
8. Add the lettuce mixture to the top of the bun.
9. Build your sandwich and get ready to be wow’ed! Note: I cut my sandwich into two pieces to make it easier to eat. I also kept a napkin handy… which I totally needed!