I’ve been eating more Jenny food recently. While I know it’s good for my waistline, it’s also super handy for my crazy summer schedule too.
I thought June was the busiest… but now, I’m seeing that it is just the whole darn summer. Travel, vacation, work trips, projects… it’s all happening at once! August will be calmer, right?
Regardless of the hectic nature of summer, I still make time to get a little creative in the kitchen. When Darsie reached out to me a few weeks asking for suggestions for how to mix up the Jenny Craig Turkey Burger, I realize that I hadn’t spent much time experimenting with this dish… and decided to take a stab at some fun recipes using it!
Taco Salad with Mexican-Spiced Croutons
1/4 red onion
1/4 bell pepper
2 tsp. taco seasoning
1 1/2 cup butter lettuce
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1/3 cucumber, quartered
2 Tbsp. salsa
1 Tbsp. light ranch (optional)
cumin + taco seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bun in the microwave for 20 seconds to defrost. Remove to a cutting board, and cut bread into crouton-sized pieces. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cumin and taco seasoning. Toss to coat.
3. Place on a cooking sheet and bake for 6 minutes until croutons are toasted.
4. Cook the turkey burger on a plate in the microwave for 70 seconds.
5. Place in a food processor and pulse to create a taco meat consistency. Note: I chopped veggies in the processor too, thus the color variation you may see.
6. Sauté diced peppers and onions in a saute pan sprayed with cooking spray for 2 minutes. Add meat and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7. Add taco seasoning and a sprinkle of cayenne to the meat mixture. Add 2 Tbsp. of salsa.
8. Prepare a salad base with your favorite veggies on it. For me, that was cucumbers, tomatoes, and orange bell pepper.
9. Add meat, drizzle with light ranch. Note: If you prefer not to use the ranch, simply add a little extra salsa.
10. Add croutons, and enjoy!