On Saturday night during game night, we had so much food (and wine!) for our little crowd.
Sausage Stars… Wow, I was first introduced to these yummy treats at my very first job out of college. Some of you who are reading this worked with me back then, and you too would get VERY excited when Lisa would bring a container of these in for potlucks. They’re cheesy, and sausage-y, and just so good! I haven’t ever served these to a crowd that didn’t love them (even the lightened up version I’m sharing today!)
From Lisa Riddle
Makes 48 appetizers
1 lb. Jimmy Dean Reduced Fat Sausage
1 bag Mild Cheddar Cheese made with 2% milk (about 1 3/4 cups)
1 block of reduced fat Cream Cheese, room temperature
8 oz. light Sour Cream
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
1 small can black olives, chopped (optional)
48 wonton wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook sausage in a saute pan until cooked through.
3. Move sausage to a food processor to grind it up finely.
4. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, sausage, olives, and ranch mix with a hand mixer until combined.
Note: You can prepare the filling ahead of time and store overnight. I recommend cooking them right before you serve them. So good when they’re warm!
Also, my sister-in-law Beth freezes the filling if she doesn’t need to use it all and has reported great results! I froze half of the filling today to eat later this season.
5. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and press one wonton wrapper into each round.
6. Add a scoop of the mixture to the center of the wonton (about 2 Tbsp.)
7. Bake for 10 minutes until wontons get crispy. Allow to cool for a few minutes before digging in. Enjoy!!
Per 1 wonton serving:
CAL 77; CARB 5g; FAT 4g; SAT FAT 2g; PROT 4g; FIB 0g; SUG 0g
WW Points Plus: 2; WW Smart Points: 3