I’m still stuck on avocados. Might always be. Today’s recipe sounded just weird enough for me to want to try it… and it was shared on Pinterest by my friends at Jenny Craig. I totally couldn’t resist.
made avocado into chocolate mousse until a few weeks back…
These muffins are amazing! The avocado and the zucchini keep them very moist, while the wheat bran makes them very filling and satisfying. They also definitely make me want to use avocados in future baking…
Avocado Green Machine Muffins
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 cup mashed, ripe avocado
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray pan with cooking spray formulated for baking.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream avocado and sugar until well blended; if using an electric mixer, use a wire whisk attachment to remove lumps; add vanilla and then add eggs, one at a time.
4. Gently fold in flours until just combined.
5. Add zucchini and remaining spices.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Note: I added a 1/4 cup of the batter to each cup.
CAL 140; CARB 26g; FAT 4g; PROT 4g; FIB 4g; WW Points Plus: 4