After I made that decadent panini last week, I knew I wanted more of that spinach and artichoke goodness.
There’s really nothing that I don’t love about spinach and artichokes being mixed together. Whether they’re coming together as dip or serving as toppings on pizza, they’re kind of amazing.
When I first moved to Colorado almost SEVEN years ago, my friend Jen came out to help me get settled in (thanks, Jennie!) and during her trip I whipped together a spinach and artichoke chicken that rocked our socks off. It was creamy, delicious and I remember it having a WHOLE lotta mayonnaise. Fast forward seven years, and I’ve never made an attempt to recreate this dish in a healthy manner until now.
Laughing Cow Cheese to bring their wedged cheese deliciousness to the table… and to replace a lot of the creamy goodness that the mayonnaise delivered. With the Laughing Cow added as my secret ingredient, I didn’t miss the extra mayo… not for a second!
This dish is not only incredibly flavorful, but the chicken comes out very tender through the process. Try this one out for sure, and as usual, multiply the ingredients to make larger portions if you’re feeding a family or love leftovers…
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken
1 4 oz. chicken breast
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese – Light Swiss flavor
1 artichoke heart, chopped
2 Tbsp. diced onion
1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 Tbsp. grated Asiago cheese
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (or 1 1/2 cloves)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add garlic, artichokes, and onion in a saute pan, coated with cooking spray. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add spinach to the pan, and sauté until wilted.
4. Remove your veggies to a bowl, and add your Laughing Cow Cheese and mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
5. Place a piece of chicken in an oven-safe dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Note: I also added some crunchy Garlic Gold nuggets, because you can’t have too much garlic…
6. Spread the “dip” on top of the chicken.
7. Top with the grated Asiago cheese.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, until the chicken is done and the top of the dish is browned.
9. Plate that chicken and enjoy!!
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 207; CARB 4g; FAT 9g; PROT 29g; FIB 0g; WW Points Plus: 5