On Sunday, it happened. It’s officially fall.
To celebrate the change of season, I filled my crockpot with the most delicious ingredients. That’s another thing I love about fall… crockpot cooking. That amazing, slow cooked goodness that is warm and satisfying as the weather gets cold… Yum!
Once the slow cooker began to percolate, I took off for yoga class. Check out my studio. Isn’t it the most gorgeous place?
We had the most amazingly grounding practice, the kind that gets you ready for a change of season.
Whenever there’s a new season, you have a chance to start over. A chance to renew and define. I could not be more excited about moving into this new season… and all that lies ahead.
When I arrived home, my dinner was ready to go, and did it ever look incredible.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Chili
From Plain Chicken
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
½ cup fat-free chicken broth
½ cup diced onion
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 8 oz. package light cream cheese
2 4 oz. chicken breasts
red pepper, diced
cherry tomatoes, sliced
1. Place chicken at bottom of the crockpot, sprayed with cooking spray to make it easier to clean after. Note: I added the chicken breasts frozen and didn’t even bother to defrost them. My favorite part about slow cooking… you can do this!
2. Pour out whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel (undrained), and black beans (if desired).
3. Add broth.
4. Top with seasonings and ranch mix.
5. Add onion.
6. Top with cream cheese, and stir to combine.
7. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
7. Garnish with red pepper and cherry tomatoes.
Per 1 cup serving:
CAL 227; CARB 13g; FAT 12g; PROT 14; FIB 2g; WW Points Plus: 6