I have a burger thing going on. I can’t really get enough of them! I’m constantly thinking of different ways to make them, and LOVING the results!
When I spotted Gina‘s latest burger recipe, I knew it was going to quickly find its way to my plate. With all these new burgers entering my life, I’ve also been trying to eat them in a new way: Bunless. Afterall, I don’t really need that extra bread… and if the burger is flavorful enough, I don’t miss it at all.
After making the bruschetta burgers a few weeks ago, I was ready to move onto this next version: TERIYAKI. The meat is seasoned with crunchy veggies which makes the burger extra flavorful. The sauce on top is SUCH a delicious teriyaki sauce… homemade, and better than any I’ve had from a bottle!
You are going to love this one!
Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Burger
For the Burgers
2 lbs 93% ground beef
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
8 slices fresh or canned pineapple
8 100-calorie buns (optional)
For the Sauce
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, very fine
1 small garlic clove, minced
1. For the burgers: Gently combine the ground beef with grated carrots, scallions, ginger, soy sauce and sriracha sauce. Form into 8 equal sized patties, try not to overwork the meat so it doesn’t get tough.
2. For the teriyaki sauce: Combine the cornstarch in cold water and dissolve. Set aside.
3. Mix soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic in small saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil and simmer until sauce reduces, about 15 to 18 minutes. Add cornstarch water mixture and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Heat the grill. When hot clean the grates and spray with oil. Place the patties on the grill and cook on high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until burgers are cooked to your liking. While the burgers are cooking, grill the pineapple slices for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
5. To serve, top the cooked burger with 1 tbsp of teriyaki sauce, then top with grilled pineapple.
Per 1 burger serving + 1 Tbsp. of Sauce + Bun:
CAL 330; CARB 37g; FAT 10g; PROT 29g; FIB 6g; SUG 21g; WW Points+: 8; WW Smart Points: 7