This Week’s Weigh In + A Jenny Surprise

After a solid week on program, I was excited to get back to Jenny Craig this weekend for my official weigh-in.

I stayed about 85% on program, with a few slip ups here and there.  Overall, I wasn’t surprised with what I saw on the scale.

This Week’s Weigh In: -1.8 lbs

Total Weight Lost: -78.4 lbs

I’ll always take a two pound weight loss!  That works for me!  I also received a fun surprise from Jenny Craig in the mail… two boxes worth of surprises actually!  When I got invited to join the #MyJennyCraig team of bloggers, I was told to expect a package in the mail, and it’s arrived!

So… what’s inside this cute Jenny Craig bag??  Snacks, of course!

Inside the box was one of just about every kind of shelf stable snack Jenny Craig has to offer!  How about White Cheddar Popcorn, Toffee Cookies, Peanut Caramel Bar, S’mores Bar, Mixed Berry Bar, Chocolate Chip Snack Bar, and Cheese Curls….

Thanks, Jenny!!!

The Jenny Craig program includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack each day.  In addition, your consultant helps you choose fresh fruits and veggies to add into the mix as well as fresh dairy products.  Snacking is CRITICAL to weight loss, if you ask me.  Most of my over eating incidents happen when I get too hungry.  Also, knowing I have an sweet or salty snack to look forward to makes it easier to avoid splurging as well.

Afterall, check out this Peanut Caramel Bar… reminds me of a Snickers bar! Yum!

With all these snacks at my disposal, which one do you think I ate first?  It wasn’t the candy bar above.  It was… Cheese Curls!!!  They are my absolute favorite… and they taste just like Baked Cheetos – - Yum-O!

Now, it’s barely a recipe… but a fun twist on how I like to eat my cheese curls.  And, in my book, most everything tastes a little better buffalo-style!

Simply shake some Frank’s Hot Sauce onto your cheese curls, mix, and enjoy!  They’re kind of like hot cheetos, but better!

The snacks weren’t the end of the surprises from Jenny.  They also sent me this guy!  A new yoga mat?  Of course, I love that!

Inside the package, I also received the nicest note from Cathy in PR… wishing me luck on the remainder of my journey.  Thanks, Cathy, and Team Jenny!  I know that your gifts will help me along the way!

Comments

1. Shannon says:

WOW, Jenny giving something back!
    That is how I eat my cheese curls too!!! :)

2. Kerri says:

I spy a lot of items in that bag that are supposedly being discontinued :( All of my favorite shelf stable foods are on the list, like Oatmeal Breakfast Squares and Honey Oat Bars, do you have and easy substitutions from the supermarket? I plan on bringing them with me next time I go shopping to find alternatives and for now stocking up while I can.

Oh, I haven’t seen a discontinued list. That’s a bummer. I definitely enjoyed all that I tried. Usually discontinued foods mean the arrival of some new tasty ones… and the new list I peeked at looked AWESOME. As for replacement foods, I am REALLY not much of a breakfast person but I’m thinking there has to be something that will work. Also, have you thought about stocking up before they go? I always do this… Signed, the girl who bought 30 cinnamon rolls before they left the first time.

3. Kerri says:

Let me know what you find in the grocery. I’d love to share. I eat the Jimmy Dean Delites Turkey Sausage and Pancake sandwich for 240 calories most mornings… when I’m not eating JC cinnamon rolls.

4. Marion says:

Congrats on your weight loss this week Kelly! Score on the swag! Amazingly generous of JC! My fav snack on JC were the chocolate cheese cake! Man it was my go to when I was having cravings for mega decadent desserts! Cheese curls and white cheddar popcorn came in at the top too! You are so right about the snacking as a critical part to weight loss success and JC taught me that because before I would go without and my weight loss attempts all failed until NOW 100lbs still gone, never coming back thanks to JC! Thanks for the great blog to read today!

5. i just saw a jenny commercial last night with a woman who lost 30 lbs on the program. I told joel – that shoukd be kelly on there!!!! Damn near 80 lbs gone – i better see your face in tv someday soon!

6. Kerri says:

I just wanted to let you know that there are lists of discontinued foods and new foods coming out soon on the JC forums if you want to check them out and stock up on your favorites. I have found Kashi soft baked bars that seem to be a decent substitution for the discontinued bars and the new Cranberry Almond Barscotti are back permanently on the JC menu :) they are great and I was disappointed when they stopped getting them earlier in the year.