Another Snow Day… Spring sprung this week, and in true Colorado fashion, we have a ton of snow on the ground.
Conveniently (or annoyingly) the weather has been rolling in on the weekends. This is the third weekend over the past six weeks that we’ve had enough snow to keep me stranded at the house – – Can you believe that?? The joys of living in Colorado…
We’re expecting about 10 inches today and it looks like the bulk of it has already hit the ground. I’ve cancelled my Saturday plans as a well, and have planned for some productive indoor activity… Looking forward to it!
Knowing that I was going to be home again this Saturday, I asked those of you that follow NTTC on Facebook which bonus recipe you’d like to see most this week…. the choices were:
And the one that got the most votes is the recipe that I’ll feature today! Now, if you voted for the others, don’t worry… I will share those later this week, so stay tuned!! Until then, feast your eyes on this amazing Chicken and Broccoli Casserole.
I seriously love this recipe. I’m not someone who really made many casseroles, so when I saw this recipe I wasn’t even sure I’d like it. It only had 5 ingredients and came from my new Five Ingredient 15 Minutes Recipe Cookbook. It’s all chicken dishes this month!
And truth be told, the fact that it was topped with my favorite chip convinced me to try it… I’m a sucker for those Baked Ruffles afterall. It’s creamy, it’s super easy to make, and I made it TWICE this week… and wouldn’t mind another serving. Enjoy!!
Weight Watchers Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes
2 (12-oz) packages fresh broccoli florets
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed reduced fat, reduced sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (8 oz) carton light sour cream
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/3 tsp. salt
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups Baked Ruffles, Cheddar and Sour Cream flavor, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook broccoli according to the package directions. Drain and coarsely chop. Note: I cooked mine in the microwave, and as usual, the pictures below reflect half of the recipe. I made half, and then wished I had made the entire thing!
3. Combine soup and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add chicken and broccoli and combine. Note: I poached my chicken the first time I made it, and the 2nd time I cooked the chicken the night before in the crockpot. I preferred the crockpot version, but you could easily do rotisserie chicken from the grocery store as well. Keep it easy!
5. Spoon into an 11 x 9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crushed potato chips. Coat chips with cooking spray.
4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
5. Plate the casserole and get ready to enjoy!!!
Per 1 cup serving:
CAL 170; CARB 12g; FAT 8g; SAT FAT 3g; PROT 13g; FIB 1g; SUG 5g
WW Points Plus: 4; WW Smart Points: 5