One of my co-workers recently described a salad that she ate that she thought I might like.
Keep in mind, she’s seen me eating my roasted beets at lunch, and eat veggies and yogurt dip just about every day since I started there. As a result, she knows I love my veggies… but I’m not sure she really realized how much I loved cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado. Since it was a snowy weekend, it seemed like a good idea to make it while I was stuck in the house on Saturday.
[pinterest]This salad is a SUPER-SIMPLE amazing combination that I think is going to become my BFF come summertime, and frankly… I think we’re going to hang out throughout the spring too. (I’ve already bought ingredients to make it again!)
It tastes like all the things I love about guacamole with all the fantastic flavor of my favorite cucumber-tomato salads I grew up on. It also has a splash of balsamic that combines with the avocado to form a tasty dressing.
It’s the kind of recipe that I’ll make forever because it’s so easy to throw together.
Creamy Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
1 english cucumber, chopped and quartered
1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper
salt, to taste
1. Chop your cucumber and add it to the bowl. Note: I use English cucumbers because they have great flavor and less seeds. Also, save time and don’t peel your cucumber for this salad. Instead, just wash the skin well.
2. Slice your tomatoes in half, either lengthwise or across the thickest part like I did. Toss them in the bowl.
3. Dice your red onion and toss them into the bowl.
4. Dice your beautiful avocado into chunks, and add it to the bowl. Mix!
5. Add 1 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar (more if desired.)
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place your serving of salad in a bowl and get ready to be amazed!
Per 1/4 recipe serving:
CAL 52; CARB 8g; FAT 2g; PROT 1g; FIB 2g; WW Points Plus: 1