It’s happening again… I’m going through one of those phases where I’m cooking up a storm. I find myself adding tons of new ingredients to my cabinet and telling my friends YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE!
I know they’re getting sick of it… but I only have their tastebuds in mind. And, I’m sending them food porn. You know those decadent yummy pictures of food that make you drool… yep, I’m loading them up.
Saturday night… this was the picture flying around from phone to phone. What do you think? Drool-worthy or what?
Yep, this picture got passes around a little bit. The char on the brussels sprouts, those toasted almonds, and the idea of a maple/orange glaze. I like to think I had (and have) you guys drooling from East to West!
Ok, it’s time to stop drooling and to start cooking. This recipe is INCREDIBLY easy and only has FOUR main ingredients (minus the salt and pepper and oil.) The maple orange is going to tantalize your tastebuds. Consider this a warning… Enjoy!
Maple Orange Brussels Sprouts
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes – Winter 2013
1 navel orange
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
4 1/2 cups trimmed Brussels Sprouts, halved
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Grate rind and squeeze juice from orange to measure 1/2 tsp. rind and 2 Tbsp. juice.
2. Combine rind, juice, syrup, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels Sprouts. Saute for 6 minutes, or until sprouts are tender.
4. Add pecans. Saute 1 minute or until pecans are toasted.
5. Remove pan from heat; stir in syrup mixture.
6. Remove to a bowl and serve as a side dish to your favorite protein.
Per 3/4 cup serving:
CAL 146; FAT 7.5g; PROT 4.5g; CARB 18.8g; FIB 5g; CHOL 0mg; SOD 177mg; WW Points Plus 4