Cake’s not the only thing I’ve said no to lately. Let’s talk about cocktails. I’ve said no to cocktails a lot more since I started this journey. Drinking extra calories just doesn’t seem like the best idea when you’re looking at 91 lbs to lose.
That being said, when I get together with friends I don’t see all the time, we usually indulge in a glass of wine or a few martinis especially when I’m on vacation.
Jaede went to the liquor store before I arrived in Nashville and ran across this crazy vodka….
She also bought Skinny Girl Pina Colada… but we didn’t get around to trying that. Because I don’t drink very often, I usually don’t drink much. Meaning, I just get disinterested quickly. Again, the calories get stuck in my brain and I don’t usually want to overconsume.
Considering we had such a special treat in front of us, we spent some time on Google trying to figure out what to make with this fancy vodka. I mean, you can’t just mix this stuff with juice. You probably could, but that just seemed too easy and lackluster! Three Olives actually has a website with SO many options for this vodka… everything from Pineapple Upside Down Cake to Birthday Cake to the one’s we actually tried.
[pinterest]Cake Batter Martini
From Three Olives
1 1/2 oz Three Olives Cake Vodka
1 oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
2 oz. Skim Milk
Sugar-Free Vanilla Frosting
1. Prepare your martini glasses first. Pour the sprinkles on a plate. Call for assistance, as needed.
2. Coat the rim of the glass with vanilla frosting and roll it in sprinkles.
3. Pour all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake!
4. Find a friend and enjoy the tasty beverage!
After our first round of cake martinis… we were VERY eager to try the second recipe we found.
[pinterest]I couldn’t believe that THESE ingredients combined to taste like Red Velvet Cake. Seriously delish and it definitely tasted like RVC… especially when we added the frosting! I can’t imagine how good it would be with cream cheese frosting… Yum-O.
Red Velvet Cake Cocktail
By Three Olives
1 1/2 oz. Three Olives Cake Vodka
1/2 oz. Chamboard
Splash of Cranberry Juice
Splash of Pineapple Juice
1. Pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice and shake!
2. Pour into a glass, and consider adding a vanilla frosting rim (we did!)
Our last drink I will share is one we made for little Elizabeth. She was wanting some chocolate milk, but we decided to make it the BEST chocolate milk EVER. Even though this recipe is featured last, it’s the one we made first of course… and the one she was working on with the sprinkles above. She’s loved it!
Sugar-Free Vanilla Frosting
1. Coat the rim of a glass with frosting.
2. Add the sprinkles.
3. Find a 3 year old to enjoy it!
4. Make sure you mix a Cake Batter Martini for the grown-ups, too… and enjoy!
Have you tried cake-flavored vodka or any other dessert flavors?