As someone who usually blogs daily, it’s so strange when things happen that keep you from your usual tasks. While I usually try to keep this place pretty upbeat, I also try to keep it real. The reality is that MIGRAINES have struck your NTTC blogger this week.
I’ll spare you the ugly details, but let’s just say… Migraines are pretty much the worst. After not having one for about 4-5 years, I had forgotten how useless (and debilitating) they are! All that being said, I’m hoping to be on the mend and back in my regular blogging rotation, starting with today’s recipe. I’ve got lots to say and 15 lbs to lose, afterall!
[pinterest]Today’s recipe is a super-simple one with one of my favorite ingredients – – Broccoli! I made the recipe with the broccoli I had in the fridge, as opposed to the full 3 cups of broccoli. I did make the full gremolata recipe for extra flavor because I had that huge head of parsley, and I added an extra garlic clove… well, because that’s just who I am!
Roasted Broccoli with Gremolata
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place broccoli florets in a medium bowl. Coat broccoli generously with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes or until crisp-tender and beginning to brown.
4. While broccoli bakes, combine parsley, lemon rind, and garlic in a small bowl.
5. Sprinkle gremolata over broccoli before serving.
PER 3/4 CUP SERVING:
CAL: 20; PROTEIN: 1.6g; FAT: 0.3g; SODIUM: 163mg;
CARB: 3.3g; WW POINTS PLUS: 0