A New Reward Built for Two

One of my dear friends from college is about to start on a journey to lose 30 lbs.

I’m so excited for her.  She and I BOTH have about 30 to go…. so, she mentioned she might need something to motivate her.  WELL, I’m a big believer in rewards, so we got to talking…. and we both love to travel.

And somehow through our 2 hour conversation….

We decided that when we lose our 30 lbs each….

We’re going to GREECE!!!

We’re going to start planning when we’re down 20 lbs each.  I honestly could use a little push to finish this up!  I’ve been barely losing for weeks.  Sigh.
So… I know some of you have been there.  What tips do you have for us?

Comments

1. Nieve says:

OMG – that's my final reward too!! I have about 120 to go, but my sister is moving to the UK for 2 years in 3 weeks so my goal is get there before she comes home so we can do it together! It's a fantastic motivation!! I'm sure you and your friend will have a blast!

2. I have always said this would be my “honeymoon” trip… but I'm almost 35 and I REALLY want to go there. I don't think that I need to wait much longer.

How great that your sister can meet you there??? I'll keep you guys posted as I begin planning (hopefully by the end of the year!)

3. KateRN says:

SOOO JEALOUS!

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!

This is a GREAT goal and I'm so excited for you!

4. DebO says:

You go, girl! No time like the present. Or near future in this case.

5. Laurel Petty says:

ok…so I know we're supposed to wait until 20 lbs down to start planning…but I couldn't help but do a little google searching while laying on the couch with the iPad…hence the email I sent before I saw this blog post! ;)

6. Laurel Petty says:

7. @Kate… Only if I can come to Ireland!! :)

@DebO… I'll definitely need some tips from you!

@Laurel… Of course you can start planning! I'm just waiting until I know we're DEFINITELY going to get myself REALLY invested mentally. Keep looking! I can't wait to look at the website you sent over. I'm just doing boring work tonight.

8. Taryn says:

I wanna come! HAHA I've always wanted to go to Greece. It looks BEAUTIFUL

9. Wow what an awesome reward!! Not only is the trip motivation enough, but having each other to help and rely on will be the extra motivation!